Thursday, March 12, 2009

About the blog

I have been using Autodesk's Land Desktop/Civil Design product since 1998. In 2004 Autodesk introduced it's new civil design product, Civil 3D, as a preview offering. I have followed it's development from the sidelines,dabbling with it at home up until 2007 when my company purchased several licenses. After teaching myself via tutorials and online resources I could see it still had some serious deficiences that made me hold back from embracing it and I started looking for alternatives which led me to Bentley's Power Civil product.

After viewing online presentations and working with a trial version I wanted to know more about how Power Civil compared with Civil 3D from actual users, but I have found there is little information available online. I have yet to find anyone who has a good working knowlege of both products, so for the sake of those seeking information I will try to fill the need by sharing my experiences. That is what this blog is all about, comparing Bentley's Power Civil with Autodesk's Civil 3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment